6 Doctoral Positions
The Research Training Group invites applications for 6 PhD Student Positions (65%, German TV-L scale 13) starting April 1, 2018 for up three years (on the condition of a positive evaluation after 1,5 years). Remuneration is based on the E 13 salary bracket of the German Public Service Salary Scheme (TV-L). Additional funding for travel is also available.
Applications (in English or German) are invited from highly-qualified graduate students. Applicants should have a university degree equivalent to Master level in literature, with a G.P.A. above the average. In exceptional cases, admission is possible on the basis of a B.A. (honours). Their research projects should contribute to the thematic focus of the Research Training Group. Therefore, the outline of the research project should make an explicit connection to the research profile of the group. Projects that include the exploration of earlier historical periods are particularly welcome.
Teaching and discussions will be bilingual. Applicants must therefore have an adequate comprehension level of both English and German, and speak at least one of these languages fluently. Please provide evidence of your language competence.
Applications can only be submitted via an online platform starting September 4, 2017. The link to the plattform will be published here on September 4. There, you can upload all the necessary documents (see below) in PDF or JPEG.
** Please note: Applications sent via email will not be taken into consideration! **
Required documents for application:
• outline of the research project (3,000 to 4,000 words)
• CV, including a detailed description of your academic career (no pre-formated CV, e.g. Europass)
• transcripts of school and university diplomas (B.A., M.A.)
• letters of recommendation from two faculty members that give information on your qualifications and academic potential
• a sample chapter of your MA thesis (ca. 4,000 words)
• list of publications (if applicable)
Deadline for applications: October 31, 2017